Internal Customer Service Training
A one-day in-company skills-based training course for all financial, admin, HR, IT and all other internal support staff.
- Improved internal customer service experience
- Manage expectations with great accuracy
- Better communication skills
A one-day interactive training course that covers all aspects of internal customer service skills. It is ideal for all types of internal support teams or departments within any sized of business or organisations. This includes the financial functions, IT and technical support, sales order processing, warehousing and despatch, administration and PA staff, HR, payroll and supplier management. By improving your internal customer service to can create a more productive, enjoyable place to work and improve your external customer service at the same time.
The course has a simple objective:
“…to raise internal customer service and support standards by instructing, equipping and inspiring participants to delight all their colleagues, managers and co-workers (internal customers) at every opportunity.”
Key learning points include:
- Establish the standards, systems and skills that can make every internal customer feel valued – face to face, on-line, by email or on the telephone.
- Use a range of best-practice internal customer service techniques, tools and skills to differentiate your service and delight every internal customer first time, every time.
- Choose the best means and method of communication, using the telephone in preference to email; pro-active rather than re-active.
- How best to change and vary your service approach based on internal customer need, type and personality.
- Identify different internal customer needs and situations quickly and effectively; fixing the internal customer and problem equally.
- Understand how to manage internal customer expectations and deliver more than you promise, consistently and deliberately.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the day and develop your service skills to a new level of professionalism.
- Satisfy complainers, calm upset internal customers and regain goodwill.
- Be able to define and measure internal customer service using benchmarking, evaluation scores, KPI’s and internal customer feedback.
Who should attend?
All internal customer service, technical and support staff, plus managers and team leaders who support or work with either internal or external internal customers. The course is suitable for all types and sizes of organisation, both large and small organisations; private and public sector.
Satisfied internal customers are easier to work with, more understanding and more likely to speak positively. internal customers are easier and more rewarding to work with. Delivering brilliant internal customer service is also more efficient and can save time, money and energy. Other benefits include improved staff morale and improved working and goodwill.
Benefits for attendees
More confidence in dealing with all types of internal customer situation, plus new skills and techniques to help achieve greater success and positive internal customer experiences. A unique feature of the course is that it addresses both the service standards and skills people need in addition to their technical knowledge or ability.
Six brilliant course main modules
- Rock and role models
- The SPECIAL approach
- Metrics and measures
- Calmer chameleon
- Best practice communications
- Problems into opportunities
Rock and Role-Models
- Personal objectives and introduction to internal customer service skills]
- Real-life good and bad service examples
- Benefits and examples of Brilliant internal customer Service
The SPECIAL approach
- Internal customer service psychology and how to make every internal customer feel SPECIAL
- Qualities of internal customer service ‘superstars’
- SPECIAL skills assessment model
- Building a internal customer-focused culture
Metrics and measures
- Examples of gaining feedback from internal customers – open and closed loops
- Using different kinds of benchmarking and metrics (competitive, non-competing, and existing versus future ideal)
- Internal customer service key performance indicators with worked examples.
- Defining your added value through service brilliance and the ‘ultimate question’
- How to best to vary your approach to different types of internal customers
- Why some internal customers are more important and ‘difficult’ than others
- Developing a Brilliant internal customer Service ‘personality’
The ten most important do’s and dont’s when communicating with internal customers:
- Using the telephone effectively to delight internal customers
- In writing, email or on-line – best practice and email etiquette
- The 4’s and the internal customer service communication process
Telephone skills role-plays
- Skills practice and role-plays based around a variety of real-life work and internal customer situations
- Phrases and techniques; tips and tricks when making outbound calls.
- Managing expectations and working with your internal ‘internal customers’ and colleagues
Problems into opportunities
- How to use preparation and previous experience to anticipate, avoid and resolve service problems
- Using the GREAT FUN model to fix recurring problems and dissatisfaction
- Real-life examples of how best to react, resolve and regain trust when problems occur
Pulling it all together
Action plan and learning diary
A SPECIAL course
The course features many unique concepts, ideas and approaches, including the SPECIAL model – the key to a positive internal customer experience…
Speed and Time
Personal and personalised
Expectations – manage and exceed
Competence and courtesy
Long-term relationship and follow-through
Each of these points are explained and related explicitly to the jobs the course participants do and their interaction with internal customers on the telephone, face-to-face or via email.
“It just opens your mind in a very short period of time to things that I certainly did not see before the course. Excellent.”
“Very interesting course which was explained fully with some fun and banter.”
“This day really made us see that training is the way forward for our company.”
“Encouraging training session that boosted my enthusiasm to achieve praise for my internal customer care.”
Get a free quote to run this course on your premises for upto 12 people…pay per day not per delegate.
Comments or questions are welcome.